Saturday, October 12, 2013

Review| Clarisonic Aria


    I got the Clarisonic Aria June of this year as a graduation present from my parents. Along with the actual device, the kit I received came with a sensitive brush head, a USB-capable charger, wall adapter, drying stand and a 1oz sample of their Refreshing Gel Cleanser.
Image from: clarisonic.com

    The Aria has three different speeds that will change the intesity of the cleanse. I personally find the best results when I use the first speed over my entire face and then the third speed over my nose and chin. It will only stay on for one minute at a time and after certain intervals within the minute (ten and twenty seconds) it will beep to tell you to move on to a different section of your face. I don't tend to pay any attention to the beeps and just tend to focus the brush head where my face needs the most attention.
 
    I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I don't think there was a single day in high school that I didn't have at least two pimples on my face. I get the worst of my breakouts on my chin and cheeks and occasionally I'll get a minor one on my forehead. I also have blackheads on my nose and tiny bumps around my entire face.
    After using the Aria for a couple of weeks, I could tell a huge difference in the overall texture of my skin. The bumps on my face were almost completely gone and I didn't have any active breakouts! I was using the Aria once every night with the sample cleaner that came in the kit and then using Proactiv Repairing Lotion as a treatment.

   Once a month, the pimples will come back(you rock, Mother Nature), but always on my chin and cheeks. I haven't had a single pimple on my forehead since I began using the Aria. If I skip a couple nights in a row, I definitely have to deal with the consequences. So if you plan on investing in this tool, I would suggest that you find a routine that works well for your skin and to stick as close to it as possible. 

   The entire kit from clarisonic.com is $199, but if you have troubled skin, it's definitely worth it. If you don't want all the bells and whistles that the Aria comes with, check out the Mia that costs $125.

   If you have any questions about my experience or about the Aria in general, don't hesitate to ask me or check out clarisonic.com to check out other peoples' reviews!



P.S. Sometimes I use this to cleanse my décolletage, just to make sure it looks fresh and glowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment