Saturday, October 26, 2013

Dupe for MAC Paint Pots?

   While going through some YouTube videos, I came across a video about a new limited edition collection from Maybelline called "Gilded in Gold". Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3L6AOUWxKYIn the video she talks about all three shades in the collection and I immediately thought that they might be dupes for Mac Paint Pots.

  I have been wanting a Mac Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, which is a yellow skin-toned eye shadow base, for a very long time. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to spend 20$ just yet! So, when I found this video and saw the swatch of the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Just Beige, I knew that it was the drugstore equivalent.

   At the moment, I could only find the display below at my local CVS. However, I have read on other blogs that they can be found at select Bed, Bath & Beyonds (if yours has a cosmetic aisle). As you can see by the photo, there are only two of each item on the display and I couldn't find them anywhere else in the store. Luckily, no one had bought anything from my CVS yet! (The item missing was bought by me)

 

 This is what it looks like! Same traditional packaging like all other Color Tattoos.

Here it is swatched. It is just a yellow toned cream shadow!

I don't have the actual Mac Paint Pot in Soft Ochre to compare it to, 
but I believe it will give a VERY similar effect.



    There are two other Color Tattoos, two nail polishes, three blushes, two lipsticks, and one eyeliner in this collection, but I was only interested in this item! The two other colors of the Color Tattoos are a light dusty pink color (which could be similar to Painterly Paint Pot, just a bit darker I would think) and a medium brown (which could be similar to Quite Natural Paint Pot). All three are matte and have the same texture and consistency as the other Color Tattoos. I own four Color Tattoos and I love all of them. Bad to the Bronze is a Holy Grail eye product for me (see my blog post here: http://beautybyasia.blogspot.com/2013/10/holy-grail-eye-brow-products.html), but I think Just Beige will definitely be added to the list.

I hope Maybelline decides to add these to their permanent line!


 


2 comments:


  1. paint for mac MyBrushes paint for Mac app is the best Mac paint software to paint on Mac infinite canvas and PLAYBACK drawing Paintbrush for Mac.It's good as ms Paint for Mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drawing App MyBrushes is the Best drawing app for ipad to paint on infinite canvas and PLAYBACK each drawing stroke on iPad, iPhone. Download best drawing app for iPad Now.


    avi to mp4 converter Total Video Converter, a very powerful Avi to Mp4 Video Converter, convert any video files to avi, 3gp, mp4, psp, iPod, iPhone, flv, DVD, VCD...

    ReplyDelete