Thursday, October 24, 2013

Holy Grail| Eye & Brow Products

 ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium
    This duo is amazing! At only 3$, I say that this is a must have in every one's collection. You can find the shades Medium and Dark at most Targets stores, but there are lighter colors available at eyeslipsface.com. On the left, there is a tinted gel/wax (that I obviously love) and on the right there is a matte powder. I don't prefer the powder for my brows because it is a bit too warm (can look too orange) but I use the gel on a consistent basis. If you find that the powder is too warm for your eyebrows, try it as an eyeshadow- that's what I use it for! 

 ELF Essentials Eyelash Curler
    This eyelash curler only costs ONE DOLLAR! It's an amazing deal. The shape of the lash curler fits perfectly on my eye and it doesn't feel like its tugging at my lashes at all. It doesn't feel the least bit cheap and I actually prefer the mechanics of this one over any other lash curler you can find at the drugstore. You can find these at Target in the ELF section and I 100% recommend you give it a try.

 ELF Eyelid Primer in Sheer
    This shadow primer works wonders for me. I have fairly oily lids and I find that this primer will last me up to 8 hours on a regular day. It prevents my shadow from creasing and helps the colors look more vibrant. I would recommend something more heavy duty if you have extremely oily lids or if you keep your makeup on for more than 10 hours. You can find this at Target and, again, this product is only 1$!

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
    This is my favorite Color Tattoo in my collection. I own four and this one is by far the prettiest one! This can be used as a base for neutral eyeshadow looks or worn alone. I don't think it last 24 hours like it claims to, but it does last me the whole day (usually 8 hours).

NYX Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Bare My Soul
    This shadow is a very cool brown- it almost looks gray. I use this on my brows because the color and texture are perfect. It's very easy to apply lightly for a natural brow look or more heavily for bolder brows. I have a hard time finding brow powders that are cool enough (not orange), so when I saw this at Ulta I had to give it a try. If you have very dark brown hair like I do, pick this up!

Covergirl Super Thick Lash & L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black (waterproof)
   I love both of these mascaras equally. Since it is waterproof, I use the L'oreal as my base coat to help hold my curl and then I go in with the Covergirl mascara to build volume and length. I prefer these traditional brushes over plastic or rubber brushes because I feel they give me more fluttery lashes. The Covergirl mascara is only $4.50 at most drug stores and the L'oreal mascara is usually about 8$ (but is usually cheaper at Target).

Jordana Bro/Eyeshadow Powder in Natural Taupe
   I just recently purchased this, and it has quickly become a holy grail product! It's perfect for blending out crease colors or even on its own in the crease for a very natural look. If you have blonde hair, this would be great for your brows! The texture feels much more high quality than the price would indicate. You can find Jordana products at Walgreens or online retailers like cherryculture.com!


Swathes from left to right: Jordana Natural Taupe, NYX Bare My Soul, ELF Brow Kit powder in Medium, Maybelline in Bad to the Bronze



What are your Holy Grail eye and brow products?


No comments:

Post a Comment