Saturday, November 2, 2013

Review| Wet n Wild: Color Icon Eye Shadow



   Wet n Wild Color Icon shadows are definitely the best value at the drugstore. These shadows have a high quality feel (very velvety and soft), high pigmentation and overall perform like a high-end shadow would. They come in a wide range of trios and also a few eight-pan palettes. The trios usually cost about $3 and the eight-pan palettes cost about $5. Occasionally, you can find the trios on sale for 2/$5 or the eight-pan for $1-$3 off.

    I own three trios and am extremely pleased with all of them. The trios come with two brushes- a sponge tip applicator and an angled blending brush. I don't tend to use these, but if you're in a pinch they might help get the job done. 

Trio: Silent Treatment

Top to bottom: Pearly light pink, Cool very dark brown w/ gold shimmer, Satin purplish taupe.
These shadows all have some sort of sparkle or shimmer to them.


Trio: Knock on Wood
 Top to Bottom: Matte(almost) medium pink, Satin dark brown, Satin burgundy.
The first two shadows look satin in the pan but when blended on the eye they look matte.


Trio: I'm Getting Sunburned
 Top to bottom: Frosty pink w/ purple sheen, Deep cool brown w/ deep-pink sparkles, Bronzy gold
The brown shade appears matte when used lightly or blended out.


    The only con that I can find with these palettes is that I can find no truly matte shadows. For me, it's not really a problem because I have matte shadows already in my collection. 


    I used to find myself walking straight past the Wet n Wild section at drugstores, but after seeing so many bloggers and YouTubers raving about them, I had to try them out for myself- and I'm so glad I did. If you need some neutrals added to your collection I would suggest the eight-pan palette in Comfort Zone or two trios in Walking on Eggshells or Sweet as Candy. Of course, if you see any other trios or palettes that interest you, give them a try!
   

If you decide to try, don't feel limited to the labels on the shadows (eyelid, brow bone, crease). 


Overall rating: 10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment