Friday, October 18, 2013

Final Thoughts| Beauty Blender

After using the BB for a week, my overall first impressions remain. 
Click the link below to see my blog post about it!


   Overall, I'm not that impressed with the BB. I think it was hyped up entirely too much. It does everything it claims to do, but I can spend a fraction of the money on a brush or any other tool and basically get the same results. 

PROS:
  • Makes applying your makeup extremely fast. I've been able to apply a full face of foundation in less that 30 seconds and it still looks perfectly blended.
  • It's fun to use. Pouncing the sponge all over your face is way more fun that using a traditional brush (as juvenile as that sounds).
  • It feels good on the face! Warm or cool, the BB helps de-puff areas of my face in the morning!
  • Leaves a more luminous finish to the makeup. (Could be a con for some people, but I don't like looking completely matte)
  • You can use it for foundation, concealer and even powder. It really is an all-purpose tool.

CONS:
  • It costs 20$ for one BB! You can find a package deal of 2 for 30$ or something along those lines. Either way you're going to spend over 10$ on this sponge.
  • Since it's used damp, it sheers out foundation. I use full coverage foundations because I want full coverage! Not medium, not sheer, FULL.
  • It is such a pain to clean. I didn't buy the special cleansing soap because it was entirely too expensive. I use a facial cleanser with no dye, perfumes, etc. I have to spend 5-10 minutes trying to get all of the pigments from my foundation out. I might add that it's ALREADY stained. 
  • I don't like the fact that it's pink. There are other versions of the BB that come in white and black, but I just think its unnecessary for it to be pink. It looks extremely gross now that its stained.

    In the end, I would say go ahead and give this a try if you're willing to shell out the money. I bought mine from cherryculture.com while they were having a 40% off sale, so it came down to about 12$. You can find a pack of 2 on amazon that will make each BB about 11$, so maybe try splitting the cost with a friend just to give it a try (just make sure you don't buy a fake). 
   I'm going to continue using mine because I do enjoy it, I just don't think it lives up to the hype that the beauty community has made about it. Maybe if I hadn't heard all the raving reviews, I would enjoy it more! Who knows.

If you decide to try it out, let me know what you think!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. I'm thinking - it's just a sponge (latex maybe), right? How complicated can it be that makes it cost so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can find is that it is made of non-latex material! It does have a different texture than the angular, white sponges that you would normally find at the dugstore.

      Delete