Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Favorite Drugstore Lip Products| Pinks and Naturals

    I'm not very big into lip products because it's difficult for me to find colors that go well with my skin tone and because I really like the natural color of my lips. Sometimes, though, it's fun to wear some sort of product on the lips. So here are my favorite pinks, nudes and naturals!





Glosses:

ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Nude Pink and Bark:
    Though these are called liquid lipsticks, I wouldn't classify them as such. They are definitely lip glosses. They are fairly pigmented when swatched on my hand, but when mixed when my natural lip color they just give a fairly sheer wash of color. I have heard that Nude Pink and Bark are two of the most pigmented colors in this range and I think they would work well with many different skin tones. Nude Pink (right) is exactly as it sounds, its a light baby pink color with a hint of brown. Bark (left) is the same tone as Nude Pink with much more brown in it.
You can find these at Target and on the ELF website for $1.


ELF Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Pink Umbrellas:
   It says it's a lip gloss stick, so that's why I'm categorizing it as such.. But, it's not super glossy at all- which I really like. At first I absolutely hated this thing! But only because I expected it to have much more pigmentation. Then I realized that it's not supposed to be a full on lipstick, just a lip tint. It's more of a bright pink and I like to wear this on its own with just a bit of lip balm on top.
Sold at Target and online for $2.

Lip Sticks:

Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Nude Crème:
    The quality of this lipstick is amazing. Full on color, great lasting power- the entire package. However, I absolutely HATE the smell. It smells of artificial watermelon. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much because I normally would like a scent like that, but it just seems so off. It really makes the lipstick seem cheap as well and overall just takes away the experience of wearing a lipstick and brings me back to the Lip Smackers lip balm days. I will say though, that I do really love the color. If you're trying to get into nude lipsticks, but you haven't found a good one yet, give this one a try. It's not an over-board nude and will work as a nice transition shade. I think this would work beautifully on many different skin tones, but if you have deeper skin you might want to look at the shade Naturally Chic as well. (Be careful- because of their glossy, creamy texture- they transfer!)
Find them at local retailers and online for $5-$7.



Wet n Wild Matte Lipstick in Just Peachy(903C) and Bare it All(902C):
    The lipsticks in this line are awesome! They have a wide range of colors from nude to very deep and all of them (from what I've seen and heard) have great texture and color pay off. Just Peachy (right) is a bright peach when worn full on, but when it's sheered out its a very subtle peachy nude. Bare it All (left) is a classic beige-pink nude and I think most people will find it suitable for their skin tone. You might need to wear of lip balm underneath these because they can be a tiny bit drying. (I prefer to use EOS)
Find them at local retailers for $1-$3.


ELF Matte Lip Color in Natural:
    This is a pink with a tiny hint of mauve. Is a very nice color- not too nude, not too pink. It's not as creamy as the Wet n Wild lipsticks mentioned above, but if I wear a lip balm underneath, it doesn't dry my lips out. Sometimes I feel like this color can make me look a little bit washed out, but it really just depends on what time of year it is. During the summer, this color is too light for me. However, during the winter and the fall months, this is one of my go-to lip colors. I would also like to quickly mention that the packaging of this lipstick is awesome. As you can see by the picture on the right, it's very skinny. But, the best part (which a lot of people don't know) is that the bottom part (that's pink) is also a sharpener! So the fact that it's skinny plus the fact that you can sharpen it, makes it incredibly easy to apply!
Find at select retailers and online for $3.


Lip Liner:

NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Nude Pink:
    Great lip liner. Everything about it is awesome. Great color (not too nude), great texture (not too stiff or creamy), great lasting power. I highly recommend these lipliners- they have so many shades!
Find at selected retailers and online for $3-$4.



No comments:

Post a Comment