Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Mini-Review| Revealed Palette by Coastal Scents



Packaging: 9/10
    Nice, sleek packaging. Front and back are hard cardboard with a magnetic closure. I like the fact that the palette as a whole is very slim and petite- making it easy for travel. The only thing I am deducting a point for is because the magnetized closure could be a bit stronger.

Some won't like the fact that there is no mirror in the palette, 
but I don't find mirrors in palettes very necessary. 

Price: 9/10
    This palette is normally $20, but I got mine for half-off plus shipping and tax. The total came out to about $13 and it was very well worth it. I don't know if I would pay $20 for it though. If you think about it, you're getting 20 shadows for about $20. I guess we'll just have to see how long these last!


Product: 10/10
    The eyeshadows are very smooth, very pigmented and very easy to blend. They can be a bit powdery at times, but I don't find that they produce much fallout. Only 4/20 eyeshadows are completely matte, but they are basically the only colors you would need. There are 3 matte browns (all in different tones, but all in the medium range) and one matte cream color. The black has some silver flecks in it, but you can't see them one you've applied to shadow to your eyelid.

These are some random swatches. The first and last colors are matte
and the three in the center are shimmery.

Overall: 9/10
    I'm so extremely impressed with this palette. The quality is great. I probably would have liked a few more matte colors thrown into the palette, but it's made a great addition to my collection. I don't want to give this palette a 10 because you can only find it in one place. I wish Coastal Scents was available in stores- I hate paying for shipping!
    

Recommend: YES!
    This is obviously a dupe for the Naked 1 & Naked 2 palettes and to have both for $20 or less is a great deal! If you plan on purchasing this, consider also buying the BR-250 brush form their website- it's a great dupe for the MAC 217 and just a great brush to have.



Keep a look out for posts comparing this palette to the Urban Decay Naked palettes!







No comments:

Post a Comment