Monday, December 23, 2013

Final Thoughts| Model In a Bottle (Sensitive Formula)

    After testing out this make up setting spray for a couple of months, I think I finally have my final opinions on it. I had very high hopes in the beginning, as you can see in my First Impression post. However, I am sad to say that (for me) this stuff was a huge waste of money!

1. Doesn't live up to its claims.
    I have oily skin, and this stuff isn't necessarily made to combat a lot of oil. BUT, it didn't even prolong the wear of my makeup for any length of time. Even the NYX Matte Setting spray (see my review) did a better job than this- and for about $10 less! (I bought Model In a Bottle on sale)

2. Has a horrible smell.
    This stuff smells AWFUL! It has a really strong lavender odor but also smells like harsh chemicals. Not to mention this stuff burns anything it touches. It burned my eyes, burned my nose and even burned a couple of blemishes that I've had.

3. The pump malfunctions every once in a while.
    Sometimes, at like the third to fourth spray, the mist won't be as fine as it should be. This leads to splotchy results and overall the pump isn't very nice.


   I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. I gave it multiple chances, but it failed me every time. I know some people love it and swear by it, but I wouldn't ever recommend this! I have been using the sensitive formula but I feel like it's way too harsh- so imagine what the regular formula would be like.
To be honest, I sort of dreaded using it everyday for the sake of this review.

I would recommend the Urban Decay Setting sprays over Model In a Bottle! 
The Urban Decay sprays are so nice and can even be relaxing to use, whereas the 
Model In a Bottle sprays can lead to burning eyes and coughing fits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment