Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mini Review| NYX HD Powder Foundation


Packaging: 8/10
    Everything about the packaging is nice except that it's outrageously bulky. It makes them hard to store and to travel with. The closing mechanism is nice and overall the compact is very sturdy. It includes a nice size mirror and comes with a fairly nice sponge in the built-in compartment.


Price: 10/10
    This powder has such a nice high-end feel to it. It's very soft and very easy to work with. This powder is priced at about $10, but I would pay upwards of $20 for the same product!


Product: 10/10
    This powder is titled the "stay matte but not flat" powder foundation and once you try it, it's very easy to tell why. Once it's applied, you can see that it has a sort of luminosity to it. It sets your foundation, adds coverage and keeps you from looking shiny- BUT you won't look completely matte. This keeps your skin from looking cakey and fake. The coverage is amazing- it starts at medium and can be built up to full-coverage. I have very troubled skin but I find that I can get away with just this powder on top of some concealer!


Overall: 10/10
    This powder is worth every penny. It's such high quality for only $10. I only buy them on sale and I can usually get them for about $5-$6 each! I have only seen a very limited color selection (about 6 shades), but if you have a light to medium skin tone you should be able to find your color.

    
 Shades from left to right: Nude, Natural, Warm Beige


Recommend: YES
    This powder is so versatile and I can't say enough good things about it. If I had to guess, this would be a hybrid between the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural and the Studio Fix Powder. Amazing coverage without looking overly matte, unnatural or cakey. 


Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!




These can be found on various websites and in-stores at Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment