Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Review| ELF Prism Eyeshadow Palette in Naked


    I recently ordered this palette off of eyeslipsface.com after hearing loads of good reviews about it. Aren't the colors so pretty!? They are all VERY shimmery and look metallic if applied wet.


Shades from left to right:

  •  A warm whiteish champagne (my least favorite, though I still like it)
  • A very pale golden-yellow
  • A true rose-gold 
  • A golden-bronze (my favorite)
  • Deeper bronze with a TINY bit of rustiness to it
  • Much cooler deep brown




What I think you should know before purchasing:

1. The quality of these shadows are great and consistent throughout the entire palette.
    There isn't a single shade that is superior in terms of quality or performance. They are all very pigmented, super-soft and blend out beautifully.

2. They produce lots of fallout.
    Due to the extremely shimmery nature of these eye shadows, there tends to be quite a bit of fallout. Just do your eye makeup before your face makeup and there should be no issues!

3. They tend to slightly fade throughout the day.
    Use a primer with these shadows and that problem is solved.

4. They apply best if packed on with fingers or sponge-tip applicators.
    These shadows are almost like pressed pigments. Don't use a fluffy brush to sweep the shadows on if you want full color! Keep the two sponge-tip applicators and use those for the best pigmentation. (This also helps prevent fallout.)

5. You can't find them in-stores.
    At this point in time, these are not available in stores (as far as I know). I am always checking out the new displays when I am at the drugstores and have yet to find these. You can always find them at eyeslipsface.com!

6. Retails for $10.
    ELF always has some sort of promotional going on so you can usually find some sort of discount! I paid $5 for my palette, but I definitely think its worth $10 if these types of shadows are your favorite!






The Prism Eyeshadow palettes are available in three different shade combinations! 

Naked (pictured), Smoked and Sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment